Tuesday, September 29, 2009

2 1/2 weeks!

I can't believe I only have 2 and a half weeks left. I'm having so many mixed emotions as the due date looms closer. Excited? Yes. I can't wait to hold this baby in my arms. Nervous? Oh yeah.
"What?" you say.
With my first baby I was nervous. I was nervous about labor, and being a mom. Now with my third I'm even less ready for this baby to come then I was when Monkey surprised me by coming three weeks early. I can't seem to handle two kids at the moment. How in the world am I going to handle three? What was I thinking? With Mr. Call going to school in Ogden and our only car is here, will I have to go through with this without him? He is my rock. When he's there, I know everything will be ok. I know millions of women have done this without their husbands there, but I don't want to....

In the meantime we had UEA weekend. It was great! Along with conference, (which was so uplifting and helpful to me), Mr. Call didn't have class or any landscaping to do so we got spend all four days with him.
We did lots of cleaning. There's still more to do but hey at least my room is ready for the baby to hang out in.
We took the girls to an awesome children's museum for their non-spooky Haunted Forest event.
I highly recommend going. The Treehouse Museum in Ogden isn't so huge you get lost, but they have used their space so creatively. Mr Call and I enjoy being there with the girls. I love this chess set!As part of the haunted forest the kids went to different stations to look for lost sheep for little Bo Peep, (can you find the sheep?). At each stop a character told their story to the kids and gave them a treat.
But usually the treats weren't sugary. Which I loved. The kids got coloring books, animal masks, maraca's, wooden flutes, etc. My girls absolutely loved it.
The last station was an interactive play which was a lot of fun. There weren't any scary parts the whole time we were there, it was perfect for my 5 and 2 year old.
So if your interested in going they have tickets online you can buy just google Treehouse Museum. Tours start every half an hour after 4 on Friday and Saturday, and it takes an hour to go through the entire thing. The groups are small so you don't have to worry about losing your kid, and it is a blast! I thought it was 4 bucks a kid well spent, (it would be 6 if your not a member.) I know it's a shameful plug, but I wanted to share.
Side note: Leave the wings at home. They made it difficult for this shy ladybug to get to the front of the group. Luckily she had a wonderful butterfly, and a Prince Charming that watched out for her.
Ohh, I love my cute girls.

4 comments:

Twinlinebackers said...

What a fun event. Glad you got to do something fun.

You are going to be just fine. 3 is easier than 2. Ok, it's totally not but this baby is going to be SUCH a piece of cake. She'll make you wish you had 80 kids.

Loralee said...

I can't wait to see this new little niece. I am sorry the girls were sick this past weekend and I didn't get to see them. I will be back up in two weeks, though so have everyone healthy!

Love you and miss you!

Tiffany said...

Okay, I'm right there with you on the delivery thing. I'm already worrying about it...and I still have 5 months to go! I'm nervous I'll be packing myself and 3 kids up to drive myself to the hospital, which is an hour away. I worry about this all the time, and it's always worked out though. I've been thinking about when you had Bug. Just make sure you leave extra, extra early to make sure YOU get there in time. ;)

The treehouse museum looks like fun! I've heard nothing but good things about it. It's a shame we haven't been there yet.

jenica said...

being a mama is tough stuff. but you can do it. just don't feel like you have to do it alone, ask for help when you need it and be willing to receive it when someone gives.
((biglove))

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...