Friday, May 7, 2010

ode to tree

Sorry I've been gone so long. I have been creating lessons, doing presentations, writing papers, creating crummy artwork, taking tests, and not sleeping. But I made it, thanks to my wonderful husband and those cupcakes you buy at the store. Pheewww!
I have a lot I want to post, after all April is always a big month for us at our house, even without finals. Milestones happened for all three girls. I'll get to that later. For now here's my three babes. They are definitely cut from the same cookie cutter. They grow so fast it makes my heart ache.

In the meantime this was happening.
It's so sad to see our trees go. Especially in the front. I have loved that tree, it made the house feel so homey when you pulled up to it. It was so nice to sit under it with Monkey's lemonade stand during the hot summer days or shelling peas from the garden across the street. Not to mention it helped keep the house cool during the summer and our mail man liked to park under it to eat his lunch.The birds it attracted made sweet music when you came outside. It gave me something to look forward to during the winter.
Yes the roots got in the clay pipes, but that's not the tree's fault, it was just looking for water. I say replace the pipes and keep the tree. But really, it's not my money so I don't have a say.
(the tree the morning of it's removal. Yes it was snowing on April 30th, grrrrr.)
At least they are fixing our front step. Hooray for that!
Now my grandparents don't have to take their life in their hands when they come over, at least until they get inside the house.

1 comment:

Heidi and Micah Blake said...

You have had a lot going on! You truly are amazing for doing it all. What are your secrets? We had some snow up this way to and its May! Apparently winter doesn't want to leave.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...