Tuesday, December 8, 2009

A family journey

So for our annual family Christmas party we took a journey to Bethlehem. A local church puts on a live nativity every year and it is quite the experience. We got passports with Hebrew names on them, we were stopped by Roman soldiers, met the Magi and the shephards, saw an angel, were robbed, and turned away at the inn. It was so fun to see my girls expressions. They really got into it. The soldiers really scared them, but with so much family around I think it comforted them a lot. Monkey insisted that I have a passport so that the soldiers wouldn't take me away and Bug adopted her aunts and uncles to take care of her. It was so neat and I can't wait until I can do that again with Mr. Call and Lala as well. Unfortunately no camera's were allowed during the journey so this is the only picture I have of the little girl cousins drinking their hot chocolate.
How do you know when a journey's been a success. The kids make their own passports and play Romans and Jews at Grandma's house afterwards.After eating yummy pizza, my brother in law sat down and started playing the piano. Now christmas caroling is another yearly tradition in this family, but with my aunt living back east, it is usually acapella. It was so nice to have accompaniment.
Lala enjoyed seeing everyone at the house. She and Daddy had to stay home during the journey because it was too cold for her.
Not everyone in the family is into singing. But they have a good time talking. And of course my independent girls refused to leave their toys, no matter how long I begged and pleaded for them to come join the singing.
Overall, a fantastic party! Thanks Thel and Rich.

Stephanie Nielsen a blogger who inspires me to be a better mom, wife and person always includes an inspirational message on Fridays. I thought I might post one today so that it might be enjoyed all week long. I hope everyone has a fantastic December filled with good times, family and Christ.
Inspirational message

4 comments:

Tiffany said...

Where do they do the nativity at? That sounds like a neat experience.

Vee said...

Tiff, It's at Mountain View Baptist Church in Layton. They only do it one week a year. It's a lot of fun.

Amberly said...

I'm glad you guys have my twin now to play the piano for you!!!

Lexie said...

Ahh, I love these posts, but they make me jealous as well. It looks like such a fabulous evening and a fun time together. We go to a similar nativity here that I love, but I think it's pretty cool that you got "robbed at yours" that would make this one more exciting for sure! I love seeing Lala passed from lap to lap in the pictures. Isn't it fun to share your little ones with family? What a treat!

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...