Friday, September 24, 2010

Yesterday

 


Yesterday involved sleeping late, raised rent, a lost check, homework stress and pleading with strangers. Then on the bus ride home I sat next to a boy who clearly has a crush on the girl who was sitting behind us. Only problem was the girl didn't seem to have a clue. I felt sorry for the poor boy. And I was so grateful to be going home to my Michelangelo who is holding down the fort and doing an amazing job at it, while I
take off for 6 hours a day to fulfill a dream of my own. I'm so glad I get to spend eternity with this amazing man. I couldn't wait to see him.
When I walked in the door Monkey thought I was Daddy, came running and then went "Oh, it's you." She was excited to show Daddy what a good job she had done on cleaning her room. She's a good helper.
Luckily that was met with tiny pitter patter of two little hands and two little knees coming out of the girls bedroom. I was met by this sweet little face. Who proceeded to grab my hair and rest her head on my chest as I lifted her into my arms.
  
Every time I walk inside the house she is excited to see me.  It does a mother's heart good.
This is after walking in from outside for a second. Even with the sun in her face she's excited to see me.
I ran across my cousin's blog who reminded me how excited she was that fall was here. And I thought to myself that's right it's fall, and if I don't look around me right now I'm going to miss my favorite season of the year. 
I went outside and sure enough the corn across the street is growing. I am enjoying tomato sandwiches, and canned peaches
 The wonderful persistant fall crocuses are popping through the ground, bringing more beauty to my life. Every year they remind me to keep going and striving to grow. To push harder and be stronger, even when it gets tough.
And my sweet girls coloring together, which happens all year long, but I still love to see it.
  
I love the fall season. I love the crispness of the air, hearing the marching band at a football game, and beautiful colors that surround me. I can't wait to crunch some leaves and carve out pumpkins.
My life is so blessed.  And really the only things we can take out of this life is our love for others, our faith in our Savior and our Heavenly Father, the blessings of the priesthood and the knowledge we gain while we are here. I know my Heavenly Father and Savior love me and I know they care about you. I have the love of family and friends, I can be with my family forever. I am expanding my knowledge of the world trying to become a better person. These are the only things I need, and I have them all. 
I am one lucky girl!

4 comments:

Matt & Mykel said...

LOVE Fall and LOVE you more! I love reading your stories! Lot's of school for you it sounds like! - Hang in there!

Recksieks said...

You are amazing! Love catching up on your family!

Lexie said...

Love fall and love those cute kids and love you. I'm glad that school is going well and hope it all continues to go well for you, Mike, and your beautiful girls!

Tara said...

Falls my favorite too! I feel like I missed alot of the summer with working and everything. Thanks for the reminder to look around and enjoy the beauty. :) You and your family are adorable. Love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...