Monday, May 16, 2011

The weekend festivities

This weekend was so fun. I got to go with Monkey's class to Red Butte Gardens. That was a fun trip. I haven't been there since I was little. It was beautiful. Monkey's teacher brought a container of ladybugs and the kids had a blast letting them go. I really enjoyed the time I got to spend with my oldest.
Michelangelo had a lot going on this weekend. He was in charge of curating an exhibit at our local art center. He did life drawing sketches collected from art professors he has come in contact including Dean Keller who passed away in 2006. It was to educate the community about the importance of learning to draw the figure in order to create quality art. There were sketches from professors from BYU, U of U, BYU-I, SLCC, Lyme Academy of Fine Art and some of his own to show the progression of what an art education can produce. There were a lot of late nights, but it was beautifully done.


For the past 7 or 8 years our city has done a Chalk Art Festival. It such a great community event to see all kinds of artists come out and create such beautiful pieces of work.
The weather was great and didn't rain on the finished paintings.
Michelangelo did a quick drawing of Boo's pouty face taken from this picture. I think it turned out awesome. Boo loved seeing the "baby".

They also have a spot for the kids to create their own artwork. It's Monkey's and Bug's favorite. They had been talking about going to draw with chalk all week.

Monkey drew a blue bird with a girl and a sunset. All my pictures of the finished product have my shadow covering it so your just going to have to believe me.
This is Bug's drawing of a girl with a butterfly net on a hill and a bird flying above.
Boo wanted to get right in there but it was causing problems. Here she is on her side of the sidewalk with Daddy. She is definitely his daughter. Look at those faces. I love those faces!

1 comment:

Amberly said...

So much fun!! That chalk drawing is great! :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...