Thursday, August 12, 2010

Reunion Time

Playing Mafia and later Ninja fighting
The three babes
These two started it all! This was at the music video night. Each family created a music video and we had our own version of a night at the Oscars. It was hilarious. The youngins' each came away with an award. The reaction on Monkey's face when they called her name was absolutely priceless. It kind of reminded me of Miss America. There was nothing cooler in her eyes. Then when they called Bug's name she jumped up and started dancing. I was bustin a gut laughing. It was so funny.  My girls watch the DVD with all the videos every week since. For awhile there it was everyday. Luckily I'm a grandkid so I got to be included with my parents. We lipsynced to Veggie Tales, "The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything." Pictures from filming were posted previously.
After the oscars we made smores and sang songs around the campfire. Here's my girls being silly with their cousin and great uncle. He's too young to be a great uncle, but he really is great!
Speaking of great uncles, here's another fantastic one. I have many wonderful uncles, and siblings that looked out for and carried my girls to and from the obstacle courses. I have such a great family. Michelangelo ended up at a Lacrosse tournament selling his art that weekend, my parents had to get home to get ready for the Openhouse that night for my brother who was on his honeymoon at the time and one sister was stuck in Idaho with midterms. Luckily I have two more wonderful siblings, who were willing to stay with me, and fantastic uncles, aunts, cousins and grandparents who helped me out with my three girls. You guys truly are amazing. My girls wouldn't have had such a great time if it wasn't for my family's help.
It was beautiful up there. I love being in the Wasatch mountains. It's so peaceful.
One of the activities was to swing our group onto a square piece of wood without falling off. I'd say our group did pretty good!
Monkey swinging on the rope
Bug wasn't strong enough to do it on her own. My brother offered to carry her, but she was still nervous. I took her on my back and swung half way, because I'm not strong enough for the both of us to get to the other side. Once she had done that with me, she was ready to trust her uncle and he got her safely to the other side. I loved that when our guide was pointing out lessons to be learned from this activity, such as helping and encouraging each other, he mentioned that just as Bug had to go at her own pace, we each have to go at our own pace through this life and build our testimony of Christ.
Grandma feeding a hungry and tired Lala
Lala
There was a sandbox next to the zip line to keep the kids entertained. Smart thinking!
my cousin Mykel walking across the beam
A brave soul. I was so proud of him!
I love my sisters haircut!
My sis flying!
So I have this complex. I crave doing things such as repelling, zipline, someday I want to go sky diving and hang gliding, etc. I crave the rush. The thing is I have such a fear of heights. It tends to complicate things a bit. Here I am excited.
Now I'm starting to freak out. I really struggled half way up the pole.
And walking across this beam was a whole lesson of trust and faith in itself to me.
Now here comes the fun part. I use to do this all the time when I was a counselor at a girls camp. I was confident I had this part covered. Did I mention that was 9 years ago? I think my body forgot how much fun this is. I was a little scared.
Sisters. We did it!
I love these two pictures of the girls. Although Monkey's hair insists on growing forwards over her face. The only way I can keep it back is to braid it, and she hates that
My girls had so much fun with their cousins. It made leaving a little easier when I could tell them we would see them again that night at the Openhouse. More on that in a minute.

1 comment:

Matt & Mykel said...

SUCH good memories!!! Way to capture them! I love the photo of you and Eliza - gotta love sisters, right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...